Posted 2019-10-03 23:55:35
Famunera among the 18 businesses shortlisted for the NSSF External Hi-Innovator Pilot Programme 2019
Working through its start-up advisory partners - Outbox and Makerere Business School (MUBS) Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Incubation Center, eighteen (18) businesses have been shortlisted for NSSF’s Hi-innovator external pilot programme, where up to 10 companies could stand a chance to receive seed funding and technical support worth USD 20,0000 each (approximately UGX 74 million), and the opportunity to access investors and partners to help accelerate their growth.
Towards the end of October 2019, these businesses will have an opportunity to present to an independent jury composed of startup founders, well-established large business founders and corporate executives; to demonstrate the potential of their businesses and secure a place to receive up to USD 20,000 in seed capital and technical assistance to support them scale.
Successful businesses will also have the opportunity to access a pool of interested investors who will be willing to sink additional capital and support if the businesses can demonstrate self-sufficiency at scale.
The shortlisted companies include:
1. Famunera (Agriculture): An easy to use digital (web and mobile) platform which farmers use to buy high quality affordable agriculture inputs from verified suppliers, extension services from verified providers and also sell their farm produce to verified bulk buyers in Uganda.
2. Innovation Streams Limited (Health): Leveraging on artificial intelligence to provide patients with affordable access to high-quality healthcare through a hospital management system.
3. Divine Organic Foods (Agriculture): Increasing production, value addition, access and affordability of foods that are rich in micronutrients for children and pregnant mothers from low-resource settings.
4. Teheca (Health): Connecting new mothers to post-birth care services and information.
5. Akaboxi Limited (Financial Services): Micro saving using technology for low-income communities.
6. Joelex Uganda Limited (Health): Affordable sanitation for communities on the fringes.
7. M-FARMER (Agriculture): Enabling access to financial services through digitized agricultural production records.
8. The Portico Ltd (Energy): An agro-for-energy company that plants trees and utilizes biomass waste as feedstock for the production of environmentally friendly fuels.
9. Obuntu Bwa Casalina (Agriculture): All natural ingredient snacks with a long shelf life.
10. AEN (U) Ltd (Agriculture): A millet agro-processing business.
11. Krystal Ice Limited (Agriculture): An agro-processing business for frozen all-natural fruit bars.
12. Ejijim Dried Fruit Snacks (Agriculture): Company focused on producing nutritious snacks.
13. PAAT Soil Clinic Ltd (Agriculture): Soil testing advancing climate-smart technologies that are accessible and affordable to resource-poor farmers for increased food production.
14. Biomass Briquettes Saving Energy Constructions Limited (Energy): Manufacturers of energy-efficient stoves.
15. People and Energy (Energy): Data aggregators for solar/energy providers.
16. Imani Academy (Education): Quality education through schools for children of low-income earning parents.
17. ChapChap Africa Ltd (Financial Services): financial and inventory management tools for SMEs.
18. OneLamp Uganda Limited (Energy): Solar energy provider that leverages Local Retailer Networks And Mobile technology to End Energy Poverty In Uganda
About the NSSF Hi-Innovator Programme
As part of the National Social Security Fund’s (NSSF’s) 10-year strategic plan; 2015 – 2025, the Fund launched an Innovation Programme dubbed the “Hi-Innovator Programme” in November 2018.
The programme aims at crowdsourcing, prototyping and scaling high value and impact solutions targeted for the Fund, its customers and the national economy through entrepreneurs in the general public, or both.
Overall, the Hi-Innovator programme looks at driving internal innovation through its staff and partners, and external innovation through small and growing businesses in the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
In April 2019, the Fund launched the pilot to the External Hi-Innovator Programme. This pilot is focused on supporting small and growing businesses (SGBs) in education, agriculture, health, energy, tourism, financial services and ICT access seed funding and technical assistance to enable them to grow and scale.
NSSF hopes that supporting these businesses scale, will, in turn, drive national economic development through the provision of employment opportunities and additional sources of Government revenue through taxation; as well as increase contributions and returns to the Fund through gainful employment.
The External Hi-innovator Programme seeks to support businesses addressing the Sustainable Development Goals, the National Development Plan and NSSF’s strategic business objectives with a focus on education, agriculture, health, energy, tourism and financial services and ICTs.
Posted 2019-09-26 11:21:07
October 15th, 2019 to October 19th, 2019
Namutumba District, Eastern Region, Uganda
Famunera Farmers Forums are farmer training events organised by Famunera within different districts of Uganda at Sub-County level, where farmers are trained on how to source for high quality affordable agriculture inputs from verified manufacturers or suppliers, extension services from verified providers and find market for their farm produce from verified Agro Processors or other bulk buyers in Uganda.
Famunera is focusing on minimizing losses of agriculture inputs and farm produce and optimizing yield productivity through capacity building by directly engaging with the farmers on ground through these Farmers Forums.
These forums are open for participation from verified agro inputs manufacturers or suppliers and extension service providers who are dealing in seeds, fertilizers, crop protection products, animal feeds, supplements, veterinary products, farm equipment/machinery, agro insurance, agro loans and other agro inputs needed by farmers to successfully profit from farming. Only 3 participants are selected on "First Come, First Serve" basis.
- Over 700 farmers are mobilized per forum.
- Over 100 farmers finally attend per forum.
- Only 3 slots are available for interested participants on "First Come, First Serve" in these 3 categories i.e Plant inputs, Animal inputs and Farm equipment or machinery.
- All interested participants should book their slots one month (30 days) earlier to the forum.
To book your slot contact Famunera on;
Tel: +256 786 224601 / +256 758 956755
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
famunera farmers forums capacity building
Posted 2019-09-18 13:18:28
Famunera team was invited as a Ugandan Agritech Company to present and demonstrate how it's using Blockchain and Machine Learning Technologies to assist farmers to solve losses of agro inputs and post-harvest handling in Agriculture within different regions of Uganda, at the Afrolynk Conference 2019 in Berlin, Germany under the Netherlands Trust Fund (NTF IV) Growth Accelerator Programme 2019
The Afrolynk Conference 2019 brings together over 200 African Entrepreneurs, investors, established Corporates, policy makers, SMEs, academics and experts. This conference delivers an incomparable learning and networking experience.
Building on a vast network of partners, Afrolynk connects startups and businesses focusing on Africa and/or wanting to expand into African markets and gives opportunities to entrepreneurs, hubs, policy makers, and investors within the African/European tech ecosystems to connect and help startups and businesses to accelerate in that space.
The Afrolynk Conference 2019 is part of a full week dedicated to capacity building, exploration of partnerships and networking. Before the conference takes place, Afrolynk hosts workshops for previously selected African entrepreneurs and organizes an ecosystem tour for these entrepreneurs. Additionally, high-level representatives from within the startup-, policy– and corporate ecosystem will be invited to a private dinner ceremony prior to the main conference.
Do you want to source for high quality affordable agriculture inputs, extension services and find market for your farm produce in Uganda? Go to www.famunera.com to buy and we deliver to your farm anywhere in Uganda within 1 day.
NTF4UG ICT4Ag ICT4D Agribusiness Agriculture
Posted 2019-09-17 18:10:30
Famunera trained farmers in Namwendwa Sub-County, Kamuli District on how to use famunera.com to;
- Source for high quality affordable agro inputs from verified manufacturers or suppliers.
- Find market for their farm produce from verified verified buyers.
- Source for extension services from verified providers.
- Save for agriculture inputs
- Access free market information i.e prices, weather forecast, forex rates, etc.
- Get free farming advisory support
- Access Agribusiness Loans
Go to www.famunera.com to source for high quality affordable agriculture inputs, extension services and find market for your farm produce in Uganda now!
farmers forum farmers training
Posted 2019-09-14 10:44:05
- Joint research, publications, mentorships and capacity building on Food, Agriculture and Agribusiness.
- And other strategic opportunities.
Go to www.famunera.com to start buying and selling agriculture products and services in Uganda now!